- MANAIA GROVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-435-15
- GPL LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1423
- ABSOLUTE INSULATION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1414
- SOUTH SIDE STEELYZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1459
- SUPER TURF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1701
- VELTMEYER ROOFING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1089
- LAVENDER HOUSE LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-103
- HEAVY HAULAGE NORTHLAND LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-74
- DALE STRIMLING ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2017-406-14
- SEACHANGE BEACH CAFE LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-81
Kiwifruit boss bankrupt with $200k still owing
A kiwifruit company that didn't properly pay employees or meet employment obligations has only paid $28,000 of the $226,000 it owed and the boss has now declared himself bankrupt.
Freemind Enterprize Limited and its director Gurmail Lally were in June last year ordered by the Employment Relations Authority (ERA) to pay $161,343.67 for money owed to workers and $65,000 in penalties for breaching employment law.
This followed a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) investigation that revealed the company did not have written employment agreements, wage, time or holiday records for 121 employees that were hired to harvest kiwifruit in the Bay of Plenty between 2009 and 2013.
Read the full article by Matthew Theunissen > The New Zeland Herald - nzherald.co.nz