- PAUANUI HEALTH CENTRE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-5
- LATTE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-3
- MW DRIVER TRAINING LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-92
- TGH HAULAGE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-4
- ARNEY ORMANDY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-476-59
- CLEAN SWEEP CANTERBURY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-016
- LIFESTYLE JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-017
- WORKING CAPITAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-2554
- MEATCO NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-441-113
- INDEPENDENT FREIGHTLINES LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-315
Large fine for mobile trader already in liquidation
A mobile trader, that has been in liquidation for nearly a year, has been fined more than $100,000 for misleading consumers.
Auckland-based Appenture Marketing was fined $114,000 in the Auckland District Court on Friday, for misleading consumers about their rights and for failing to provide customers with key contract information.
In the sentencing, Judge Mary-Beth Sharp said while the mobile trader was "most unlikely " to pay these fines, the penalty was placed to act as a deterrent.
Appenture sold consumer goods, such as electronic goods, door-to-door on credit at prices significantly higher than what was charged at mainstream stores.
In March 2016 it offered an Apple iPhone 6S for $4440 when the same model was then available from a major retailer for $1399.
Read the full article by Anuja Nadkarni > Business Day - stuff.co.nz