- PAUANUI HEALTH CENTRE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-5
- LATTE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-3
- MW DRIVER TRAINING LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-92
- TGH HAULAGE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-4
- ARNEY ORMANDY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-476-59
- CLEAN SWEEP CANTERBURY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-016
- LIFESTYLE JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-017
- WORKING CAPITAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-2554
- MEATCO NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-441-113
- INDEPENDENT FREIGHTLINES LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-315
$46m appeal win over Queenstown build
Asian investors who refused to settle on Queenstown apartments during the global financial crisis have won a landmark $46 million case.
A Court of Appeal decision, centred on the Kawarau Falls hotels site, has overturned a High Court decision which stung investors for $36m in damages and $10m in deposits.
Appeal Court judges found investors' contracts had been breached because the rest of the development wasn't built.
The investors' lawyer says the decision will help rebuild New Zealand's reputation with Singaporean investors.
Wealthy Singaporeans and Malaysians agreed to buy 111 luxury apartments off-the-plans in buildings at Kawarau Falls.
But the GFC hit, crashing developer Nigel McKenna's ambitious plans for a $2 billion "world-class village resort".
Read the full article online > Otago Daily Times - odt.co.nz