- MARBLE POINT WINERY LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-91
- RELOCATABLE HOUSES LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-42
- FOOD 4 LESS (NEW LYNN) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-268
- FOOD 4 LESS (HAMILTON) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-267
- FOOD 4 LESS (OTAHUHU) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-269
- WAKA MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-270
- MIDDYMUM LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-90
- COMPETITIVE EDGE NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-454-11
- PETERS HOLDINGS TRUSTEE LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-40
- DEBTOR MANAGEMENT GROUP NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-454-10
$46m appeal win over Queenstown build
Asian investors who refused to settle on Queenstown apartments during the global financial crisis have won a landmark $46 million case.
A Court of Appeal decision, centred on the Kawarau Falls hotels site, has overturned a High Court decision which stung investors for $36m in damages and $10m in deposits.
Appeal Court judges found investors' contracts had been breached because the rest of the development wasn't built.
The investors' lawyer says the decision will help rebuild New Zealand's reputation with Singaporean investors.
Wealthy Singaporeans and Malaysians agreed to buy 111 luxury apartments off-the-plans in buildings at Kawarau Falls.
But the GFC hit, crashing developer Nigel McKenna's ambitious plans for a $2 billion "world-class village resort".
Read the full article online > Otago Daily Times - odt.co.nz