- FIRST CLASS CARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1011
- EAST PARK LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1022
- WEST HOE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1031
- MR8 CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1061
- ZEAL CONTRACTING LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-71
- AJAY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-70
- BEVIR LOGGING LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-19
- SUBLOOS NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-15
- TH NO.1 LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-997
- SPHERE DESIGN CAPSULE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1038
Auckland businessman jailed for tax evasion
An Auckland businessman in the building sector has been sentenced to 19 months in prison for failing to pay nearly $400,000 in GST, income tax, and withholding tax.
Clive Stephen William Bench was convicted of 78 tax offences in Waitakere District Court related to his Aquaguard and GoCon companies.
GoCon was removed from the New Zealand Companies register in September 2015, and AquaGuard is now in liquidation.
Bench claimed in court that he was under severe stress from being sued in 2005, but he accepted he was responsible for meeting the companies' tax obligations and had failed to do so.
Read the full article online > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz