- WORTH & WEBER 2005 LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-126
- PAUANUI HEALTH CENTRE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-5
- LATTE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-3
- MW DRIVER TRAINING LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-92
- TGH HAULAGE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-4
- ARNEY ORMANDY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-476-59
- CLEAN SWEEP CANTERBURY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-016
- LIFESTYLE JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-017
- WORKING CAPITAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-2554
- MEATCO NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-441-113
Auckland businessman jailed for tax evasion
An Auckland businessman in the building sector has been sentenced to 19 months in prison for failing to pay nearly $400,000 in GST, income tax, and withholding tax.
Clive Stephen William Bench was convicted of 78 tax offences in Waitakere District Court related to his Aquaguard and GoCon companies.
GoCon was removed from the New Zealand Companies register in September 2015, and AquaGuard is now in liquidation.
Bench claimed in court that he was under severe stress from being sued in 2005, but he accepted he was responsible for meeting the companies' tax obligations and had failed to do so.
Read the full article online > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz