- NZ DISTRIBUTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2824
- NNNM ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2803
- BUILD IT CREW LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2686
- SOUTH CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2689
- FAST TRACK NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2690
- TASTE OF CHINA LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2645
- JJZ ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2647
- MOUNTAIN VALLEY TRADING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-915
- FBG DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-510
- GOLDEN FLEECE SHEEPSKIN MANUFACTURING COMPANY LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-868
Auckland businessman jailed for tax evasion
An Auckland businessman in the building sector has been sentenced to 19 months in prison for failing to pay nearly $400,000 in GST, income tax, and withholding tax.
Clive Stephen William Bench was convicted of 78 tax offences in Waitakere District Court related to his Aquaguard and GoCon companies.
GoCon was removed from the New Zealand Companies register in September 2015, and AquaGuard is now in liquidation.
Bench claimed in court that he was under severe stress from being sued in 2005, but he accepted he was responsible for meeting the companies' tax obligations and had failed to do so.
Read the full article online > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz