- PSA TRANSPORT SERVICES LIMITED | CIV: 2017-404-2818
- SS ELECTRICAL & SERVICES LIMITED | CIV: 2017-404-2827
- FREEDOM TOURS AND TAXIS LIMITED | CIV 2017-412-109
- MAUI HAKA AOTEAROA LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-910
- TAURANGA EXTERIOR PLASTERING LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-173
- RUBY DUNES LIMITED | CIV 2017-463-122
- KAZBAR HOLDINGS PTY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2822
- GREENSEAS LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-112
- MARBLE HILL DAIRIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-412-106
- SHARNA LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-918
Auckland Chinese restaurant owner jailed for evading $800,000 tax
The owner of an Auckland Chinese restaurant serving sharkfin dishes has been sentenced to jail for evading nearly $800,000 in tax.
Restaurateur Zai Jian Liang, who runs Tasty Zone Restaurant in East Tamaki, filed 113 incorrect tax returns between 2009 and last year.
An Inland Revenue investigation found Liang and his wife Guan Hong Liang failed to declare more than $1 million in cash sales and about $500,000 in PAYE.
The couple also fraudulently claimed $30,000 in Working for Families tax credits.
For evading $787,996 in tax, Liang was sentenced yesterday to three years and two months in jail.
Read the full article by Lincoln Tan > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz