- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Bankrupt Invercargill psychiatrist says $4200 a fortnight not enough for balanced and normal lifestyle
A bankrupt Invercargill psychiatrist was unable to convince the courts his fortnightly debt repayments should be reduced so he could maintain a better work-life balance, including personal trainers, weekends in Queenstown hotels and weekly massages.
Abraham Nicolaas van der Walt was declared bankrupt in November 2015, but ordered to make contributions towards the payments of his debts. He made seven irregular repayments worth $30,758.24 until June 14, 2016, when he stopped paying.
On July 19, the Official Assignee applied to the High Court for orders forcing van der Walt to make payments including arrears, which he opposed on the grounds his repayments of $3333.40 a fortnight were excessive.
Read the full article online > The Southland Times - stuff.co.nz