- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Broadband contracting firm liquidated
Auckland ultrafast broadband contractor UFB CIVIL 5.2 LIMITED has been placed in liquidation, two months after going into receivership with debts of nearly $1 million.
The company's original owner, Wesley Faleolo, said he would have to "start again" after he and his wife were left without jobs and were forced to sell their home.
Until March, UFB Civil 5.2 employed 50 people helping lay ultrafast broadband for Chorus contractor Visionstream.
The company ran into difficulties after it used incorrect codes on invoices that meant it overcharged Australia's Visionstream for blowing strands of optical-fibre through ducting to people's homes.
Extract from an article by Tom Pullar-Strecker > Business Day - stuff.co.nz