- PSA TRANSPORT SERVICES LIMITED | CIV: 2017-404-2818
- SS ELECTRICAL & SERVICES LIMITED | CIV: 2017-404-2827
- FREEDOM TOURS AND TAXIS LIMITED | CIV 2017-412-109
- MAUI HAKA AOTEAROA LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-910
- TAURANGA EXTERIOR PLASTERING LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-173
- RUBY DUNES LIMITED | CIV 2017-463-122
- KAZBAR HOLDINGS PTY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2822
- GREENSEAS LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-112
- MARBLE HILL DAIRIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-412-106
- SHARNA LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-918
Christchurch grandmother admits $250,000 welfare fraud
Grandmother Jasmine Kasiana Teowai Hudson is likely to spend her 63rd birthday in jail after pleading guilty to a $250,000 benefit fraud.
An appalled Judge Alistair Garland sent Hudson, who turns 63 in November, home on bail to sort out her affairs before sentencing next month.
Hudson pleaded guilty in the Christchurch District Court to rorting the welfare system of $246,872.96. At $20 a week repayments, it would take her 236 years to pay off the debt.
Over 15 years, Hudson received an invalid's benefit, a supported living benefit and reduced Housing New Zealand rent.
Hudson claimed she was not living with a partner, when in fact, she was.
Read the full article by David Clarkson and Martin van Beynen > stuff.co.nz