- MANAIA GROVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-435-15
- GPL LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1423
- ABSOLUTE INSULATION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1414
- SOUTH SIDE STEELYZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1459
- SUPER TURF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1701
- VELTMEYER ROOFING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1089
- LAVENDER HOUSE LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-103
- HEAVY HAULAGE NORTHLAND LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-74
- DALE STRIMLING ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2017-406-14
- SEACHANGE BEACH CAFE LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-81
Collapsed firm Mainzeal owes $120 million to creditors
Liquidators of collapsed firm Mainzeal have rejected more than $36 million worth of claims made by out-of-pocket creditors.
About 1400 claims have been made by creditors claiming $157.7m since Mainzeal Property and Construction - the country's third biggest construction firm at the time - was put into liquidation in 2013.
As at September 23, liquidators Andrew Bethell, Brian Mayo-Smith and Stephen Tubbs, of BDO said they had "admitted" 1382 of those claims - worth $108.4m - and rejected claims worth $36.5m.
In the latest liquidators' report, Bethell, Mayo-Smith and Tubbs said they were continuing legal action against the company's directors.
The liquidators allege the directors, including former Prime Minister Dame Jenny Shipley, were responsible for allowing the firm to trade recklessly.
Read the full article by Chloe Winter > Business Day - stuff.co.nz