- NATURTEK LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-008
- DESIGNHQ LIMITED | CIV 2016-406-43
- SUPERIOR POWDER COATING LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-1238
- DEAKIN MOTORS LIMITED | CIV 2017-441-010
- 3224647 LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-020
- NETWORK PAINTERS LIMITED | CIV 2016-409-1217
- DOPPLER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-34
- AF MARKETING LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-3188
- AWARD PLUMBING AND GAS LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-3208
- LOVE TO DANCE LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-3171
Collapsed firm Mainzeal owes $120 million to creditors
Liquidators of collapsed firm Mainzeal have rejected more than $36 million worth of claims made by out-of-pocket creditors.
About 1400 claims have been made by creditors claiming $157.7m since Mainzeal Property and Construction - the country's third biggest construction firm at the time - was put into liquidation in 2013.
As at September 23, liquidators Andrew Bethell, Brian Mayo-Smith and Stephen Tubbs, of BDO said they had "admitted" 1382 of those claims - worth $108.4m - and rejected claims worth $36.5m.
In the latest liquidators' report, Bethell, Mayo-Smith and Tubbs said they were continuing legal action against the company's directors.
The liquidators allege the directors, including former Prime Minister Dame Jenny Shipley, were responsible for allowing the firm to trade recklessly.
Read the full article by Chloe Winter > Business Day - stuff.co.nz