- PAUANUI HEALTH CENTRE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-5
- LATTE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-3
- MW DRIVER TRAINING LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-92
- TGH HAULAGE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-4
- ARNEY ORMANDY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-476-59
- CLEAN SWEEP CANTERBURY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-016
- LIFESTYLE JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-017
- WORKING CAPITAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-2554
- MEATCO NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-441-113
- INDEPENDENT FREIGHTLINES LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-315
Couple appeal council bankruptcy proceedings
A West Coast couple is fighting bankruptcy proceedings brought against them by the Grey District Council.
Christine and Doug Banks face an $81,000 debt for legal costs after losing court action taken by the council that ended in the Supreme Court.
The couple own a house in Blaketown on council land and were taken to the High Court after refusing to pay rent increases.
After losing the court battle which cost council more than $1 million, the couple agreed to pay $80 a week but said they could not pay the 5 percent interest required by council.
Read the full article by Joanne Carroll > The Press - stuff.co.nz