- FIRST CLASS CARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1011
- EAST PARK LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1022
- WEST HOE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1031
- MR8 CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1061
- ZEAL CONTRACTING LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-71
- AJAY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-70
- BEVIR LOGGING LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-19
- SUBLOOS NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-15
- TH NO.1 LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-997
- SPHERE DESIGN CAPSULE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1038
Couple appeal council bankruptcy proceedings
A West Coast couple is fighting bankruptcy proceedings brought against them by the Grey District Council.
Christine and Doug Banks face an $81,000 debt for legal costs after losing court action taken by the council that ended in the Supreme Court.
The couple own a house in Blaketown on council land and were taken to the High Court after refusing to pay rent increases.
After losing the court battle which cost council more than $1 million, the couple agreed to pay $80 a week but said they could not pay the 5 percent interest required by council.
Read the full article by Joanne Carroll > The Press - stuff.co.nz