- MARBLE POINT WINERY LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-91
- RELOCATABLE HOUSES LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-42
- FOOD 4 LESS (NEW LYNN) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-268
- FOOD 4 LESS (HAMILTON) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-267
- FOOD 4 LESS (OTAHUHU) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-269
- WAKA MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-270
- MIDDYMUM LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-90
- COMPETITIVE EDGE NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-454-11
- PETERS HOLDINGS TRUSTEE LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-40
- DEBTOR MANAGEMENT GROUP NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-454-10
Couple appeal council bankruptcy proceedings
A West Coast couple is fighting bankruptcy proceedings brought against them by the Grey District Council.
Christine and Doug Banks face an $81,000 debt for legal costs after losing court action taken by the council that ended in the Supreme Court.
The couple own a house in Blaketown on council land and were taken to the High Court after refusing to pay rent increases.
After losing the court battle which cost council more than $1 million, the couple agreed to pay $80 a week but said they could not pay the 5 percent interest required by council.
Read the full article by Joanne Carroll > The Press - stuff.co.nz