- REVOLUTION 4 HAIR LIMITED | CIV 2016-476-069
- EUPHORIA FOR HAIR LIMITED | CIV 2017-476-001
- C J PLASTERING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-40
- PRECISION PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-53
- EW. MOBILE MOWER REPAIRS LIMITED | CIV-2017-404-005
- SAUMALEOSO ENTERPRISE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-42
- POL NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-41
- SAHAND 2011 LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-79
- TYMWISE MARKETING LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-13
- PACIFIC HOLIDAYS (NZ) TOURS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-94
Couple appeal council bankruptcy proceedings
A West Coast couple is fighting bankruptcy proceedings brought against them by the Grey District Council.
Christine and Doug Banks face an $81,000 debt for legal costs after losing court action taken by the council that ended in the Supreme Court.
The couple own a house in Blaketown on council land and were taken to the High Court after refusing to pay rent increases.
After losing the court battle which cost council more than $1 million, the couple agreed to pay $80 a week but said they could not pay the 5 percent interest required by council.
Read the full article by Joanne Carroll > The Press - stuff.co.nz