- NATURTEK LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-008
- DESIGNHQ LIMITED | CIV 2016-406-43
- SUPERIOR POWDER COATING LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-1238
- DEAKIN MOTORS LIMITED | CIV 2017-441-010
- 3224647 LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-020
- NETWORK PAINTERS LIMITED | CIV 2016-409-1217
- DOPPLER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-34
- AF MARKETING LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-3188
- AWARD PLUMBING AND GAS LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-3208
- LOVE TO DANCE LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-3171
Folded insurer’s liquidation to continue for two years
The liquidation of small insurance company WESTERN PACIFIC INSURANCE LIMITED is likely to continue for at least another two years.
The liquidation is already three years old with none of the $48 million of Canterbury earthquake claims settled.
Liquidators said in their six monthly report that the liquidation was likely to continue until at least 2016 because there was a lot of work in assessing and settling insurance claims.
Western Pacific collapsed in April 2011, swamped by earthquake claims from Canterbury clients. It was owned by high-profile Queenstown lawyer Graham Smolenski and a related Australian couple, Jeff and Adele McNally.
Preferential creditors were likely to receive a payment in the next 12 months.
Read the full article by Marta Steeman > Business Day - stuff.co.nz