- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Fraud leaves victims feeling angry and betrayed
Workplace fraud is widespread in New Zealand and can threaten the very survival of its victims. Deena Coster investigates.
It still radiates off him. The anger.
Saddled with $280,000 in losses fraudulently created by a former employee, New Plymouth supermarket owner Robert Dowman feels the fall-out from the crime keenly.
It's been six years since Dowman uncovered his former personal assistant Clare Strachan's deceit yet workplace fraud remains an ongoing and costly issue.
A global survey, completed in 2016 by KPMG International, says 65 per cent of people who commit fraud are employed by the organisation they rip off, often motivated by personal gain or greed.
Read the full article by Deena Coster > Business Day - stuff.co.nz