- NZ DISTRIBUTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2824
- NNNM ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2803
- BUILD IT CREW LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2686
- SOUTH CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2689
- FAST TRACK NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2690
- TASTE OF CHINA LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2645
- JJZ ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2647
- MOUNTAIN VALLEY TRADING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-915
- FBG DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-510
- GOLDEN FLEECE SHEEPSKIN MANUFACTURING COMPANY LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-868
Fraudster manipulated accounts to spend $1.6m of church funds at casino
A woman who had "full responsibility" of a church's bank accounts spent $1.6 million of its funds at the casino.
Elizabeth Papu, 52, was finance administrator of the Samoan Independent Seventh Day Adventist Church's Northern Division when she used the money to fund her gambling habit.
Most of the $1.6 million was spent at Auckland's SkyCity casino between 2011 and 2016.
On Thursday she was sentenced to two years and nine months' imprisonment in the Manukau District Court after pleading guilty to two charges of theft by a person in a special relationship.
Papu admitted she took money from the church and manipulated financial records to hide her actions.
Read the full article by Harrison Christian > Business Day - stuff.co.nz