- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Fraudster manipulated accounts to spend $1.6m of church funds at casino
A woman who had "full responsibility" of a church's bank accounts spent $1.6 million of its funds at the casino.
Elizabeth Papu, 52, was finance administrator of the Samoan Independent Seventh Day Adventist Church's Northern Division when she used the money to fund her gambling habit.
Most of the $1.6 million was spent at Auckland's SkyCity casino between 2011 and 2016.
On Thursday she was sentenced to two years and nine months' imprisonment in the Manukau District Court after pleading guilty to two charges of theft by a person in a special relationship.
Papu admitted she took money from the church and manipulated financial records to hide her actions.
Read the full article by Harrison Christian > Business Day - stuff.co.nz