- PAUANUI HEALTH CENTRE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-5
- LATTE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-3
- MW DRIVER TRAINING LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-92
- TGH HAULAGE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-4
- ARNEY ORMANDY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-476-59
- CLEAN SWEEP CANTERBURY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-016
- LIFESTYLE JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-017
- WORKING CAPITAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-2554
- MEATCO NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-441-113
- INDEPENDENT FREIGHTLINES LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-315
Fraudster manipulated accounts to spend $1.6m of church funds at casino
A woman who had "full responsibility" of a church's bank accounts spent $1.6 million of its funds at the casino.
Elizabeth Papu, 52, was finance administrator of the Samoan Independent Seventh Day Adventist Church's Northern Division when she used the money to fund her gambling habit.
Most of the $1.6 million was spent at Auckland's SkyCity casino between 2011 and 2016.
On Thursday she was sentenced to two years and nine months' imprisonment in the Manukau District Court after pleading guilty to two charges of theft by a person in a special relationship.
Papu admitted she took money from the church and manipulated financial records to hide her actions.
Read the full article by Harrison Christian > Business Day - stuff.co.nz