- PETRA KEBAB LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-346
- SPACE TILING LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-972
- PAMIRGA LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2866
- MCDOUALL STUART GROUP LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-1040
- ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2808
- AJ BUILDING & CLADDING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2797
- MAGNUS LABOUR FORCE LIMITED | CIV-2017-404-2796
- KRIS LABOUR SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2798
- D RIVERS DRAINAGE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2787
- STRING’S ATTACHED LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2042
Hamilton fraudster sentenced to four years, 11 months in jail
A serial fraudster who swindled a total of $269,000 from dozens of unwitting people and companies has been jailed for four years and 11 months.
Matthew John Young, 45, appeared for sentence on Friday in the Hamilton District Court on 13 charges, including using a document for pecuniary advantage, obtaining by deception and knowingly being a party to a company with intent to defraud creditors.
Those relate to unpaid rents on various properties in and nearby Hamilton, unpaid telephone and power accounts, and unpaid bills for work carried out at bars and nightclubs that left contractors and suppliers out of pocket.
Young's victims included individuals and companies and the offending occurred in Hamilton and Auckland from 2011 to 2013. The names of all 23 victims and their identifying details are suppressed.
Read the full article by Mike Mather > stuff.co.nz