- PETRA KEBAB LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-346
- SPACE TILING LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-972
- PAMIRGA LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2866
- MCDOUALL STUART GROUP LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-1040
- ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2808
- AJ BUILDING & CLADDING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2797
- MAGNUS LABOUR FORCE LIMITED | CIV-2017-404-2796
- KRIS LABOUR SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2798
- D RIVERS DRAINAGE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2787
- STRING’S ATTACHED LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2042
Jail term for Christchurch company director’s ‘sustained’ tax offending
A judge has sent a powerful message about tax payment failures with a 25-month jail term for the director of two Christchurch companies that had been giving out accounting and tax advice.
Raymond Martin Kesha, a 49-year-old salesman, is now an undischarged bankrupt with no ability to pay back the $195,991 he owes for failures over 94 tax periods during four years.
Christchurch District Court Judge Tony Couch made it clear that a good reputation would carry only limited weight with a sentencing judge when offending had gone on for so long.
He accepted that submission from Inland Revenue prosecutor Virginia Diefenbach, who said offending over such a long period "dis-entitled" Kesha for any sentence reduction. He had received a warning from an Inland Revenue inspector in 2014 but the offending continued for another nine months.
Read the full article by David Clarkson > Business Day - stuff.co.nz