- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Jail time for Tauranga mum guilty of elaborate tax fraud
A Tauranga mum who created an elaborate scheme to falsely claim nearly $3 million in tax refunds and credits faces three years and seven months behind bars.
Karina Charmaine Knedler, 31, was sentenced in Tauranga District Court on 19 charges that included using a document with intent to obtain a pecuniary advantage, obtaining by deception and using forged documents.
The charges mostly related to false GST refund claims and forged documents for several fictitious businesses that never actually traded.
Judge Paul Mabey QC sentenced Knedler to three years and four months' jail on 18 of the charges and an extra three months for making false Working for Families tax credits claims.
Read the full article by Zoe Hunter > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz