- MARBLE POINT WINERY LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-91
- RELOCATABLE HOUSES LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-42
- FOOD 4 LESS (NEW LYNN) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-268
- FOOD 4 LESS (HAMILTON) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-267
- FOOD 4 LESS (OTAHUHU) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-269
- WAKA MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-270
- MIDDYMUM LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-90
- COMPETITIVE EDGE NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-454-11
- PETERS HOLDINGS TRUSTEE LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-40
- DEBTOR MANAGEMENT GROUP NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-454-10
Judge rejects fraudster Michael David Bolton’s ‘inheritance’ claim
A judge says a man's explanation for raiding nearly $75,000 from an 80-year-old's bank account "lacks reality".
Christchurch District Court Judge John Strettell said Michael David Bolton's explanation for the series of frauds did not stand up to scrutiny "in the cold hard light of day".
Bolton's defence counsel, Tom Smedley, said his client took the money from the account for associates who told him it was their inheritance.
The judge jailed Bolton for 17 months on Monday on charges of dishonestly using the bank card and cultivating cannabis and ordered him to pay the money back to the bank.
Read the full article by David Clarkson > National - stuff.co.nz