- BJ FISHING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-835
- TLW TRUSTEE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-26
- WELLSPRING FOUNDATION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-27
- LIU HOLDINGS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-807
- AKOTEU FALEMASIVA INCORPORATED | CIV 2017-404-469
- DECKMASTER NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-667
- ON TIME TRANSPORT LIMITED | CIV 2016-485-763
- AUTOTREND NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-668
- JLAB NELSON LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-18
- FRESH GROUP INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-784
Judge rejects fraudster Michael David Bolton’s ‘inheritance’ claim
A judge says a man's explanation for raiding nearly $75,000 from an 80-year-old's bank account "lacks reality".
Christchurch District Court Judge John Strettell said Michael David Bolton's explanation for the series of frauds did not stand up to scrutiny "in the cold hard light of day".
Bolton's defence counsel, Tom Smedley, said his client took the money from the account for associates who told him it was their inheritance.
The judge jailed Bolton for 17 months on Monday on charges of dishonestly using the bank card and cultivating cannabis and ordered him to pay the money back to the bank.
Read the full article by David Clarkson > National - stuff.co.nz