- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Judge rejects fraudster Michael David Bolton’s ‘inheritance’ claim
A judge says a man's explanation for raiding nearly $75,000 from an 80-year-old's bank account "lacks reality".
Christchurch District Court Judge John Strettell said Michael David Bolton's explanation for the series of frauds did not stand up to scrutiny "in the cold hard light of day".
Bolton's defence counsel, Tom Smedley, said his client took the money from the account for associates who told him it was their inheritance.
The judge jailed Bolton for 17 months on Monday on charges of dishonestly using the bank card and cultivating cannabis and ordered him to pay the money back to the bank.
Read the full article by David Clarkson > National - stuff.co.nz