- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Kiwi fashion designer Kharl WiRepa convicted of fraud
Kiwi fashion designer Kharl WiRepa swapped British Vogue for the court room after being convicted of 14 charges of benefit fraud totalling $11,844.16.
The charges stem from WiRepa's time studying fashion at Waiariki Institute, now Toi Ohomai, and relate to a period of two years and eight months beginning in 2014.
They included making false documents omitting to disclose living arrangements, and allowed WiRepa to claim much more in student living allowances than he was entitled to.
WiRepa was found guilty of all charges in the Rotorua District Court on Friday and was ordered to pay back the full sum to the Ministry of Social Development.
Read the full article by Benn Bathgate > stuff.co.nz