- BY THE EARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-338
- THE ROCKPOOL LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-936
- HOTEL ASHBURTON (2016) LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-935
- NZ DISTRIBUTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2824
- NNNM ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2803
- BUILD IT CREW LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2686
- SOUTH CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2689
- FAST TRACK NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2690
- TASTE OF CHINA LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2645
- JJZ ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2647
Kiwi fashion designer Kharl WiRepa convicted of fraud
Kiwi fashion designer Kharl WiRepa swapped British Vogue for the court room after being convicted of 14 charges of benefit fraud totalling $11,844.16.
The charges stem from WiRepa's time studying fashion at Waiariki Institute, now Toi Ohomai, and relate to a period of two years and eight months beginning in 2014.
They included making false documents omitting to disclose living arrangements, and allowed WiRepa to claim much more in student living allowances than he was entitled to.
WiRepa was found guilty of all charges in the Rotorua District Court on Friday and was ordered to pay back the full sum to the Ministry of Social Development.
Read the full article by Benn Bathgate > stuff.co.nz