- ELEMENTARY SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-212
- GILCHRIST EARTHMOVING LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-196
- ALALA INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-511
- CONCRETE CUTTING SOLUTIONS NEW ZEALAND LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-193
- KUMAR CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-446
- MEDIASPLASH LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-470
- TRAVERSE ADVERTISING LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-184
- VYNCENT NO.1 LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-21
- STRATEGIC NETWORKS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-501
- AUCKLAND RENOVATION & RECLADS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-445
Liquidator’s fury at ‘manifestly inadequate’ fines for contempt
A business liquidator says fines of $13,000 imposed for contempt of court on two business people who failed to hand over company records are inadequate.
Damien Grant's firm Waterstone was appointed by the High Court in August 2014 to liquidate property investment company Ranolf Company Limited, and using powers under section 261 of the Companies Act demanded the company's records from Stephen Bhana and Jasu Mati Bhana.
In October, Justice Timothy Brewer found the pair, who are brother and sister, had not produced the documents despite being directed to do so by the courts, and on November 17 fined Stephen Bhana $8000, and Jasu Mati Bhana $5000.
Read the full article by Rob Stock > Manawatu Standard - stuff.co.nz