- MANAIA GROVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-435-15
- GPL LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1423
- ABSOLUTE INSULATION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1414
- SOUTH SIDE STEELYZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1459
- SUPER TURF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1701
- VELTMEYER ROOFING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1089
- LAVENDER HOUSE LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-103
- HEAVY HAULAGE NORTHLAND LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-74
- DALE STRIMLING ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2017-406-14
- SEACHANGE BEACH CAFE LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-81
Man facing bankruptcy after industrial asthma leads to ACC disputes
Paul McKenna lives with little food, no power or adequate heating and sleeps on the floor.
After years of work sanding floors, he faces bankruptcy and homelessness. His only, tenuous, lifeline is ACC entitlements, which are once again up for review.
McKenna was diagnosed with industrial asthma after working as a floor sander in the Manawatu for approximately 18 years. He was exposed to various dusts and chemicals, including isocyanates.
He now hunkers down in a run-down Himatangi Beach home with broken windows, no power, no heating and sleeps on the floor with his dogs.
McKenna has been the subject of two ACC reviews and fears he may become homeless if his payments do not continue.
Read the full article by Alecia Rousseau, chief reporter of the Manawatu Guardian - nzherald.co.nz