- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Man facing bankruptcy after industrial asthma leads to ACC disputes
Paul McKenna lives with little food, no power or adequate heating and sleeps on the floor.
After years of work sanding floors, he faces bankruptcy and homelessness. His only, tenuous, lifeline is ACC entitlements, which are once again up for review.
McKenna was diagnosed with industrial asthma after working as a floor sander in the Manawatu for approximately 18 years. He was exposed to various dusts and chemicals, including isocyanates.
He now hunkers down in a run-down Himatangi Beach home with broken windows, no power, no heating and sleeps on the floor with his dogs.
McKenna has been the subject of two ACC reviews and fears he may become homeless if his payments do not continue.
Read the full article by Alecia Rousseau, chief reporter of the Manawatu Guardian - nzherald.co.nz