- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Multi-million dollar Marlborough racing fraud comes to an end
A Marlborough racing scandal has finally come to a close, with the last man involved in a $6.9 million pokies fraud sentenced to home detention.
Michael O'Brien has already been sentenced to four years and six months jail for the scheme, and his co-accused Kevin Coffey to 12 months home detention.
Now the last man to face court over the matter, Paul Max, 60, has also been sentenced to 12 months home detention.
Max was found guilty of holding O'Brien's interests in his name, in order to conceal O'Brien's involvement.
In the High Court at Wellington this morning, Justice Robert Dobson said he was "troubled" by letters of support presented to the court, which showed a community perception that Max's offending was minor.
Read the full article > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz