- PSA TRANSPORT SERVICES LIMITED | CIV: 2017-404-2818
- SS ELECTRICAL & SERVICES LIMITED | CIV: 2017-404-2827
- FREEDOM TOURS AND TAXIS LIMITED | CIV 2017-412-109
- MAUI HAKA AOTEAROA LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-910
- TAURANGA EXTERIOR PLASTERING LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-173
- RUBY DUNES LIMITED | CIV 2017-463-122
- KAZBAR HOLDINGS PTY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2822
- GREENSEAS LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-112
- MARBLE HILL DAIRIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-412-106
- SHARNA LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-918
Multi-million dollar Marlborough racing fraud comes to an end
A Marlborough racing scandal has finally come to a close, with the last man involved in a $6.9 million pokies fraud sentenced to home detention.
Michael O'Brien has already been sentenced to four years and six months jail for the scheme, and his co-accused Kevin Coffey to 12 months home detention.
Now the last man to face court over the matter, Paul Max, 60, has also been sentenced to 12 months home detention.
Max was found guilty of holding O'Brien's interests in his name, in order to conceal O'Brien's involvement.
In the High Court at Wellington this morning, Justice Robert Dobson said he was "troubled" by letters of support presented to the court, which showed a community perception that Max's offending was minor.
Read the full article > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz