- MANAIA GROVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-435-15
- GPL LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1423
- ABSOLUTE INSULATION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1414
- SOUTH SIDE STEELYZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1459
- SUPER TURF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1701
- VELTMEYER ROOFING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1089
- LAVENDER HOUSE LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-103
- HEAVY HAULAGE NORTHLAND LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-74
- DALE STRIMLING ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2017-406-14
- SEACHANGE BEACH CAFE LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-81
Tax evader’s $1.77m home was bought from NZ’s single biggest fraudster
A $550,000 tax fraudster could serve his home detention in the Lower Hutt mansion he bought off the man responsible for the country's single biggest fraud.
Tao Li, also known as Adam Li or Adam Lee, was this week sentenced to 10 months' home detention for pocketing cash sales, money laundering and filing false tax returns.
The former owner of Jacksons Cafe and Bistro in Petone, Lower Hutt, pleaded guilty to evading more than $550,000 in tax through what Inland Revenue lawyer Graham Tubb described as an "elaborate web of deceit".
"He accumulated significant sums of money which should have gone towards providing services for the benefit of all New Zealanders."
Read the full article by Hamish McNicol > Business Day - stuff.co.nz