- SUPERIOR POWDER COATING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2735
- ONLINE LOGISTICS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2749
- CONSOLIDATED VINTNERS AND DISTILLERS (NZ) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2747
- YORK TRUSTEES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2801
- BY THE EARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-338
- THE ROCKPOOL LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-936
- HOTEL ASHBURTON (2016) LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-935
- NZ DISTRIBUTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2824
- NNNM ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2803
- BUILD IT CREW LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2686
Tax evader’s $1.77m home was bought from NZ’s single biggest fraudster
A $550,000 tax fraudster could serve his home detention in the Lower Hutt mansion he bought off the man responsible for the country's single biggest fraud.
Tao Li, also known as Adam Li or Adam Lee, was this week sentenced to 10 months' home detention for pocketing cash sales, money laundering and filing false tax returns.
The former owner of Jacksons Cafe and Bistro in Petone, Lower Hutt, pleaded guilty to evading more than $550,000 in tax through what Inland Revenue lawyer Graham Tubb described as an "elaborate web of deceit".
"He accumulated significant sums of money which should have gone towards providing services for the benefit of all New Zealanders."
Read the full article by Hamish McNicol > Business Day - stuff.co.nz