- FIRST CLASS CARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1011
- EAST PARK LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1022
- WEST HOE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1031
- MR8 CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1061
- ZEAL CONTRACTING LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-71
- AJAY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-70
- BEVIR LOGGING LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-19
- SUBLOOS NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-15
- TH NO.1 LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-997
- SPHERE DESIGN CAPSULE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1038
Tax evaders living the high life
Couple who admitted cheating IRD out of nearly $1m in GST still have millions in assets.
A couple convicted of fleecing almost $1 million from the taxpayer between them by not paying GST are still living a life of luxury, with interests in properties and a boat totalling $5.9 million.
Michael Holmes, 69, admitted cheating the Inland Revenue Department out of $773,000 and his wife Sharon, 55, admitted similar charges involving $225,000.
The Inland Revenue Department brought cases against the couple which were heard separately by the Hamilton District Court.
Sharon Holmes, 55, is either a director or shareholder of companies which own a newly built $1 million house on the Coromandel, an Italian boat, an
Read the full article on line > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz