- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Tax evaders living the high life
Couple who admitted cheating IRD out of nearly $1m in GST still have millions in assets.
A couple convicted of fleecing almost $1 million from the taxpayer between them by not paying GST are still living a life of luxury, with interests in properties and a boat totalling $5.9 million.
Michael Holmes, 69, admitted cheating the Inland Revenue Department out of $773,000 and his wife Sharon, 55, admitted similar charges involving $225,000.
The Inland Revenue Department brought cases against the couple which were heard separately by the Hamilton District Court.
Sharon Holmes, 55, is either a director or shareholder of companies which own a newly built $1 million house on the Coromandel, an Italian boat, an
Read the full article on line > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz