- MANAIA GROVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-435-15
- GPL LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1423
- ABSOLUTE INSULATION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1414
- SOUTH SIDE STEELYZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1459
- SUPER TURF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1701
- VELTMEYER ROOFING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1089
- LAVENDER HOUSE LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-103
- HEAVY HAULAGE NORTHLAND LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-74
- DALE STRIMLING ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2017-406-14
- SEACHANGE BEACH CAFE LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-81
Tax evaders living the high life
Couple who admitted cheating IRD out of nearly $1m in GST still have millions in assets.
A couple convicted of fleecing almost $1 million from the taxpayer between them by not paying GST are still living a life of luxury, with interests in properties and a boat totalling $5.9 million.
Michael Holmes, 69, admitted cheating the Inland Revenue Department out of $773,000 and his wife Sharon, 55, admitted similar charges involving $225,000.
The Inland Revenue Department brought cases against the couple which were heard separately by the Hamilton District Court.
Sharon Holmes, 55, is either a director or shareholder of companies which own a newly built $1 million house on the Coromandel, an Italian boat, an
Read the full article on line > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz