- SUPERIOR POWDER COATING LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2735
- ONLINE LOGISTICS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2749
- CONSOLIDATED VINTNERS AND DISTILLERS (NZ) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2747
- YORK TRUSTEES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2801
- BY THE EARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-338
- THE ROCKPOOL LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-936
- HOTEL ASHBURTON (2016) LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-935
- NZ DISTRIBUTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2824
- NNNM ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2803
- BUILD IT CREW LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2686
Tax evaders living the high life
Couple who admitted cheating IRD out of nearly $1m in GST still have millions in assets.
A couple convicted of fleecing almost $1 million from the taxpayer between them by not paying GST are still living a life of luxury, with interests in properties and a boat totalling $5.9 million.
Michael Holmes, 69, admitted cheating the Inland Revenue Department out of $773,000 and his wife Sharon, 55, admitted similar charges involving $225,000.
The Inland Revenue Department brought cases against the couple which were heard separately by the Hamilton District Court.
Sharon Holmes, 55, is either a director or shareholder of companies which own a newly built $1 million house on the Coromandel, an Italian boat, an
Read the full article on line > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz