- ELEMENTARY SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-212
- GILCHRIST EARTHMOVING LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-196
- ALALA INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-511
- CONCRETE CUTTING SOLUTIONS NEW ZEALAND LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-193
- KUMAR CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-446
- MEDIASPLASH LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-470
- TRAVERSE ADVERTISING LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-184
- VYNCENT NO.1 LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-21
- STRATEGIC NETWORKS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-501
- AUCKLAND RENOVATION & RECLADS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-445
Taxpayers front $11m bill for failed training schools
Newshub can reveal taxpayers have shelled out millions of dollars to training schools that broke Qualifications Authority rules, and then, when investigated, shut up shop.
Taxpayers have paid more than $11 million to six failed private training schools, all of which broke NZQA rules and then cancelled their registrations.
The schools breached rules in a number of ways, including not having qualified teachers, entering into unapproved sub-contracting arrangements, students failing to meet English language requirements and financial mismanagement.
One school in Southland got $9.1 million in funding for courses but didn't even deliver the programmes it promised. It then went into liquidation.
Read the full article by Michael Morrah > Newshub - newshub.co.nz