- NZ DISTRIBUTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2824
- NNNM ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2803
- BUILD IT CREW LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2686
- SOUTH CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2689
- FAST TRACK NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2690
- TASTE OF CHINA LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2645
- JJZ ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2647
- MOUNTAIN VALLEY TRADING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-915
- FBG DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-510
- GOLDEN FLEECE SHEEPSKIN MANUFACTURING COMPANY LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-868
Taxpayers front $11m bill for failed training schools
Newshub can reveal taxpayers have shelled out millions of dollars to training schools that broke Qualifications Authority rules, and then, when investigated, shut up shop.
Taxpayers have paid more than $11 million to six failed private training schools, all of which broke NZQA rules and then cancelled their registrations.
The schools breached rules in a number of ways, including not having qualified teachers, entering into unapproved sub-contracting arrangements, students failing to meet English language requirements and financial mismanagement.
One school in Southland got $9.1 million in funding for courses but didn't even deliver the programmes it promised. It then went into liquidation.
Read the full article by Michael Morrah > Newshub - newshub.co.nz