- T L P LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-2925
- SDB BUILDERS LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-3016
- SMART COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-2893
- FOUNDATION FARMS LIMITED | CIV 2016-488-145
- BAY BRICK & BLOCKLAYING LIMITED | CIV 2016-470-186
- JALON HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-3141
- LEVIN BOBCATS LIMITED | CIV 2016-454-100
- ATTRACTUM LIMITED | CIV 2016-470-146
- DU PLESSIS TILING LIMITED | CIV 2016-419-393
- WOOD SCENE LIMITED | CIV 2016-470-164
Taxpayers front $11m bill for failed training schools
Newshub can reveal taxpayers have shelled out millions of dollars to training schools that broke Qualifications Authority rules, and then, when investigated, shut up shop.
Taxpayers have paid more than $11 million to six failed private training schools, all of which broke NZQA rules and then cancelled their registrations.
The schools breached rules in a number of ways, including not having qualified teachers, entering into unapproved sub-contracting arrangements, students failing to meet English language requirements and financial mismanagement.
One school in Southland got $9.1 million in funding for courses but didn't even deliver the programmes it promised. It then went into liquidation.
Read the full article by Michael Morrah > Newshub - newshub.co.nz