- FIRST CLASS CARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1011
- EAST PARK LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1022
- WEST HOE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1031
- MR8 CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1061
- ZEAL CONTRACTING LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-71
- AJAY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-70
- BEVIR LOGGING LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-19
- SUBLOOS NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-15
- TH NO.1 LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-997
- SPHERE DESIGN CAPSULE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1038
Waikato restaurateurs punished for $230,000 tax fraud
A couple who systematically defrauded the IRD over five years to the tune of more than $230,000 have been sentenced to home detention and community work.
Flagstaff residents Hong Sog Kim, 47, and Hyun Joo Chung, 50 – also known as Michelle Kim – appeared in the Hamilton District Court on Friday, where the depth of their deception was detailed by Judge Kim Saunders.
The offending related to Korean restaurants that Kim owned and managed with Chung in Hamilton and Te Awamutu.
Kim had been running a series of companies trading as restaurants since 2001. His management style came with a distinctive pattern: Once one company accumulated significant liabilities, it was liquidated and a new, almost identical, company formed to take over the running of the business.
Read the full article by Mike Mather > National - stuff.co.nz