- PAUANUI HEALTH CENTRE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-5
- LATTE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-3
- MW DRIVER TRAINING LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-92
- TGH HAULAGE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-4
- ARNEY ORMANDY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-476-59
- CLEAN SWEEP CANTERBURY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-016
- LIFESTYLE JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-017
- WORKING CAPITAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED | CIV 2016-404-2554
- MEATCO NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-441-113
- INDEPENDENT FREIGHTLINES LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-315
Waikato restaurateurs punished for $230,000 tax fraud
A couple who systematically defrauded the IRD over five years to the tune of more than $230,000 have been sentenced to home detention and community work.
Flagstaff residents Hong Sog Kim, 47, and Hyun Joo Chung, 50 – also known as Michelle Kim – appeared in the Hamilton District Court on Friday, where the depth of their deception was detailed by Judge Kim Saunders.
The offending related to Korean restaurants that Kim owned and managed with Chung in Hamilton and Te Awamutu.
Kim had been running a series of companies trading as restaurants since 2001. His management style came with a distinctive pattern: Once one company accumulated significant liabilities, it was liquidated and a new, almost identical, company formed to take over the running of the business.
Read the full article by Mike Mather > National - stuff.co.nz