- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Welfare cheat investigator sentenced to more than two years’ jail
A welfare cheat investigator has been sentenced to two years and nine months in prison, after creating fake beneficiary identities to steal nearly $360,000.
Nabjeet Singh, 48, was sentenced today in the Wellington District Court on 51 charges related to the offending, including 41 of using a document to obtain pecuniary advantage.
Singh created four fake beneficiary identities in order to receive their benefit payments over 12 years.
He also collected Working for Families tax credits that he was not entitled to, receiving a double payment for his partner's child, and creating the identity of a fictitious child.
Read the full article by Frances Cook > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz