- BY THE EARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-338
- THE ROCKPOOL LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-936
- HOTEL ASHBURTON (2016) LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-935
- NZ DISTRIBUTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2824
- NNNM ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2803
- BUILD IT CREW LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2686
- SOUTH CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2689
- FAST TRACK NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2690
- TASTE OF CHINA LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2645
- JJZ ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2647
Welfare cheat investigator sentenced to more than two years’ jail
A welfare cheat investigator has been sentenced to two years and nine months in prison, after creating fake beneficiary identities to steal nearly $360,000.
Nabjeet Singh, 48, was sentenced today in the Wellington District Court on 51 charges related to the offending, including 41 of using a document to obtain pecuniary advantage.
Singh created four fake beneficiary identities in order to receive their benefit payments over 12 years.
He also collected Working for Families tax credits that he was not entitled to, receiving a double payment for his partner's child, and creating the identity of a fictitious child.
Read the full article by Frances Cook > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz