- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Wine company’s demise blamed on change in Chinese importing policy
A wine-making descendant of one of Hawke's Bay's wine pioneers has been made bankrupt and will soon have his liquidated company removed from the Companies Register.
Robbie Bird, 63, a founder of Wishart Estate Winery and the grandson of Robert Bird, who founded Glenvale winery (now Esk Valley) in the 1930s, left unpaid debts of $132,000 with the demise of his company Robbie Bird Wines Ltd.
The company was put into liquidation by High Court order in 2015 following an application from Petane Properties Ltd, which owns the Wishart winery and vineyards at Bay View, just north of Napier.
Petane submitted a claim for $126,372 which was later settled by a guarantor.
Read the full article by Marty Sharpe > Manawatu Standard - stuff.co.nz