- GOOD OPPORTUNITY DEVELOPMENT LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1855
- NZ SOURCED LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-804
- ADVANCED MEDIA SYSTEMS LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-840
- SOUTHLINK LOGISTICS LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-57
- COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES NELSON LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-34
- ESKO GROUP LIMITED | CIV 2017-488-98
- WOODLANZ PACIFIC LIMITED | CIV 2017-463-110
- IBAC LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2335
- PMMG LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2323
- JJ CONSTRUCTION (NZ) LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2357
Christchurch building company boss gets 14 months jail for tax evasion
A building company boss has been jailed for 14 months for misappropriating nearly $370,000 in tax deductions from employees' wages.
Director John Edward Clancy, 52, was sentenced on Tuesday in Christchurch District Court on 12 tax evasion charges relating to company Hanguk Business Investments One (formerly Global Renovations Canterbury).
Over a 12 month period the construction company head failed to pass on to Inland Revenue most of the deductions made from workers' wages, including PAYE tax, KiwiSaver contributions, and student loan repayments.
David Udy, Inland Revenue's Group Manager Collections, said Clancy showed utter contempt for the tax system, keeping his businesses afloat by paying trade creditors with money that should have gone to IRD.
Read the full article > Business Day - stuff.co.nz