- TILE ACCESSORIES LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2207
- PACIFIC NATURAL GUT STRING CO. LIMITED | CIV 2017-443-59
- KARAMEA HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-765
- SCOTTISH MASONRY LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-97
- MR MERLIN LIMITED | CIV 2017-425-98
- DERMA BRANDS LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-749
- CURRY CORNER LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2098
- DBS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2151
- HYDRA CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-419-237
- LIGHTWEIGHTROOF LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-2135
Company does not accept Christchurch thief Katrina Leigh Leoni’s remorse
A last-minute $100,000 payment was not enough for a company to accept thief Katrina Leigh Leoni's remorse.
Leoni, 42, produced a bank cheque, which was handed to company representatives, minutes before her Christchurch District Court sentencing was due to go ahead.
Crown prosecutor Karyn South said it came two years after the offending came to light. The company did not see why the remaining $33,000 of reparation could not be paid straight away when Leoni still owned a horse truck worth $70,000, she said.
Defence counsel Anselm Williams said: "Steps are being taken in that respect, but they aren't able to be taken immediately."
Read the full article by David Clarkson > The Press - stuff.co.nz