- FIRST CLASS CARS LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1011
- EAST PARK LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1022
- WEST HOE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1031
- MR8 CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1061
- ZEAL CONTRACTING LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-71
- AJAY ENTERPRISES LIMITED | CIV 2017-470-70
- BEVIR LOGGING LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-19
- SUBLOOS NZ LIMITED | CIV 2017-442-15
- TH NO.1 LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-997
- SPHERE DESIGN CAPSULE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-1038
Hastings lawyer sentenced for theft
A Hastings lawyer who stole almost $80,000 from clients during the latter years of a three-decade legal career in Hawke's Bay has been sentenced to six months home detention.
David Porteous appeared before Judge Stan Thorburn in the Napier District Court this morning after pleading guilty to two representative charges of theft by a person in a special relationship earlier this year.
Judge Thorburn described the situation as a "sad case".
"It seems to me this is a man who got in a vortex of dishonesty which, as dishonesty does, compounded and drove him into the dilemma of continuing to make bad choices."
Read the full article by Anneke Smith > Hawkes Bay Today - nzherald.co.nz