- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Film-maker Tainui Stephens made bankrupt, owes $675,868 tax debt
Prominent Māori broadcaster and film–maker Tainui Stephens has been made bankrupt, owing tax, interest and penalties of $675,868.88.
A judge said Stephens' perceived importance did not mean an exception could be made for him, given the age and size of his tax debts and the concern they would continue if he was not made bankrupt.
The suggestion that Stephens might have properties or the proceeds from the sale of properties, meant the Official Assignee, who oversees the affairs of bankrupts, should look into Stephens' circumstances, Associate Judge Warwick Smith said in a recent decision.
Stephens, who lives in Ōtaki, said on Wednesday that the debt stemmed from a period about 10 years ago during the long illness, and then death, of his wife.
Read the full article > Business - stuff.co.nz