- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
$98,900 benefit fraud brings home detention
The offending, over period of six years, was premeditated and protracted, Judge Michael Turner said sentencing a benefit fraudster in the Dunedin District Court yesterday.
"Essentially, what you did was steal from every taxpayer in the country," he told Neomai Muasika (55), of Dunedin.
Muasika had been convicted of six charges of dishonestly using a document, and one charge of obtaining by deception.
She had pleaded guilty.
The fact summary, from prosecuting counsel Milton Sperring, said as a result of making benefit applications to the Ministry of Social Development, Muasika was granted a domestic purposes benefit from January 21, 2011 to December 8, 2014; sole parent support and disability allowance from February 15, 2015 to February 28 that year; and sole parent support and temporary additional support from September 22, 2016 to January 9, 2017.
Read the full article online > The Otago Daily Times - odt.co.nz