- CAMBRIDGE ON THE AVON LIMITED | CIV 2018-425-12
- MACH’S GLADIATOR LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-140
- VIRTUAL CONSULTANTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-283
- TRNZ TRADE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-32
- SSS THAI TRADING LIMITED | CIV 2018-463-11
- HUNTERS CONTRACTORS (REO) LIMITED | CIV 2018-470-24
- PERFECT JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-293
- INDUSTRY BAR N GRILL LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-216
- ZEECOL LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-97
- TOTAL LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-94
Bankrupt Invercargill psychiatrist says $4200 a fortnight not enough for balanced and normal lifestyle
A bankrupt Invercargill psychiatrist was unable to convince the courts his fortnightly debt repayments should be reduced so he could maintain a better work-life balance, including personal trainers, weekends in Queenstown hotels and weekly massages.
Abraham Nicolaas van der Walt was declared bankrupt in November 2015, but ordered to make contributions towards the payments of his debts. He made seven irregular repayments worth $30,758.24 until June 14, 2016, when he stopped paying.
On July 19, the Official Assignee applied to the High Court for orders forcing van der Walt to make payments including arrears, which he opposed on the grounds his repayments of $3333.40 a fortnight were excessive.
Read the full article online > The Southland Times - stuff.co.nz