- CAMBRIDGE ON THE AVON LIMITED | CIV 2018-425-12
- MACH’S GLADIATOR LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-140
- VIRTUAL CONSULTANTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-283
- TRNZ TRADE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-32
- SSS THAI TRADING LIMITED | CIV 2018-463-11
- HUNTERS CONTRACTORS (REO) LIMITED | CIV 2018-470-24
- PERFECT JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-293
- INDUSTRY BAR N GRILL LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-216
- ZEECOL LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-97
- TOTAL LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-94
Christchurch grandmother admits $250,000 welfare fraud
Grandmother Jasmine Kasiana Teowai Hudson is likely to spend her 63rd birthday in jail after pleading guilty to a $250,000 benefit fraud.
An appalled Judge Alistair Garland sent Hudson, who turns 63 in November, home on bail to sort out her affairs before sentencing next month.
Hudson pleaded guilty in the Christchurch District Court to rorting the welfare system of $246,872.96. At $20 a week repayments, it would take her 236 years to pay off the debt.
Over 15 years, Hudson received an invalid's benefit, a supported living benefit and reduced Housing New Zealand rent.
Hudson claimed she was not living with a partner, when in fact, she was.
Read the full article by David Clarkson and Martin van Beynen > stuff.co.nz