- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Conman Paul Encell denies having money hidden away
Conman Paul Martin Encell has gone to jail saying he has nothing salted away and can pay nothing back to the victims who have lost $750,000. Inland Revenue is not so sure.
Christchurch District Court Judge Tom Gilbert jailed the 52-year-old for five years on 33 fraud charges, but made no order for Encell – who he described as "a classic conman" – to repay the victims.
"You are good at putting over a particular impression of yourself," the judge said. "That is what has enabled you to offend repeatedly in the way you have."
Inland Revenue senior prosecutor Paul Saunders said they had been unable to trace $127,535 of the money deposited into Encell's bank account.
Read the full article by David Clarkson > stuff.co.nz