- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Couple appeal council bankruptcy proceedings
A West Coast couple is fighting bankruptcy proceedings brought against them by the Grey District Council.
Christine and Doug Banks face an $81,000 debt for legal costs after losing court action taken by the council that ended in the Supreme Court.
The couple own a house in Blaketown on council land and were taken to the High Court after refusing to pay rent increases.
After losing the court battle which cost council more than $1 million, the couple agreed to pay $80 a week but said they could not pay the 5 percent interest required by council.
Read the full article by Joanne Carroll > The Press - stuff.co.nz