- CAMBRIDGE ON THE AVON LIMITED | CIV 2018-425-12
- MACH’S GLADIATOR LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-140
- VIRTUAL CONSULTANTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-283
- TRNZ TRADE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-32
- SSS THAI TRADING LIMITED | CIV 2018-463-11
- HUNTERS CONTRACTORS (REO) LIMITED | CIV 2018-470-24
- PERFECT JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-293
- INDUSTRY BAR N GRILL LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-216
- ZEECOL LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-97
- TOTAL LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-94
Customers waiting for houses to be built worry about guarantee
Owners of newly built properties are being told there are options to replace the guarantee backing their homes.
Up to 10,000 recently built homes are covered for shoddy building work by Builtin's 10-year Homefirst Builders Guarantee, which is backed by CBL Insurance.
But CBL was put into interim liquidation last month, and said it could not pay claims.
Platinum Homes clients Teresa Cook and her husband, Roger, have been caught up in the insurer's failure.
They are still waiting for their house to be built with Platinum Homes in Levin, and are living on-site in a caravan.
They sold their house in the Wellington suburb of Tawa when they signed an agreement to have their new brick-and-tile home built in October 2016.
Read the full article by Susan Edmunds > stuff.co.nz