- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Hamilton fraudster sentenced to four years, 11 months in jail
A serial fraudster who swindled a total of $269,000 from dozens of unwitting people and companies has been jailed for four years and 11 months.
Matthew John Young, 45, appeared for sentence on Friday in the Hamilton District Court on 13 charges, including using a document for pecuniary advantage, obtaining by deception and knowingly being a party to a company with intent to defraud creditors.
Those relate to unpaid rents on various properties in and nearby Hamilton, unpaid telephone and power accounts, and unpaid bills for work carried out at bars and nightclubs that left contractors and suppliers out of pocket.
Young's victims included individuals and companies and the offending occurred in Hamilton and Auckland from 2011 to 2013. The names of all 23 victims and their identifying details are suppressed.
Read the full article by Mike Mather > stuff.co.nz