- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Jail term for Christchurch company director’s ‘sustained’ tax offending
A judge has sent a powerful message about tax payment failures with a 25-month jail term for the director of two Christchurch companies that had been giving out accounting and tax advice.
Raymond Martin Kesha, a 49-year-old salesman, is now an undischarged bankrupt with no ability to pay back the $195,991 he owes for failures over 94 tax periods during four years.
Christchurch District Court Judge Tony Couch made it clear that a good reputation would carry only limited weight with a sentencing judge when offending had gone on for so long.
He accepted that submission from Inland Revenue prosecutor Virginia Diefenbach, who said offending over such a long period "dis-entitled" Kesha for any sentence reduction. He had received a warning from an Inland Revenue inspector in 2014 but the offending continued for another nine months.
Read the full article by David Clarkson > Business Day - stuff.co.nz