- CAMBRIDGE ON THE AVON LIMITED | CIV 2018-425-12
- MACH’S GLADIATOR LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-140
- VIRTUAL CONSULTANTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-283
- TRNZ TRADE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-32
- SSS THAI TRADING LIMITED | CIV 2018-463-11
- HUNTERS CONTRACTORS (REO) LIMITED | CIV 2018-470-24
- PERFECT JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-293
- INDUSTRY BAR N GRILL LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-216
- ZEECOL LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-97
- TOTAL LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-94
Jail term for Christchurch company director’s ‘sustained’ tax offending
A judge has sent a powerful message about tax payment failures with a 25-month jail term for the director of two Christchurch companies that had been giving out accounting and tax advice.
Raymond Martin Kesha, a 49-year-old salesman, is now an undischarged bankrupt with no ability to pay back the $195,991 he owes for failures over 94 tax periods during four years.
Christchurch District Court Judge Tony Couch made it clear that a good reputation would carry only limited weight with a sentencing judge when offending had gone on for so long.
He accepted that submission from Inland Revenue prosecutor Virginia Diefenbach, who said offending over such a long period "dis-entitled" Kesha for any sentence reduction. He had received a warning from an Inland Revenue inspector in 2014 but the offending continued for another nine months.
Read the full article by David Clarkson > Business Day - stuff.co.nz