- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Judge rejects fraudster Michael David Bolton’s ‘inheritance’ claim
A judge says a man's explanation for raiding nearly $75,000 from an 80-year-old's bank account "lacks reality".
Christchurch District Court Judge John Strettell said Michael David Bolton's explanation for the series of frauds did not stand up to scrutiny "in the cold hard light of day".
Bolton's defence counsel, Tom Smedley, said his client took the money from the account for associates who told him it was their inheritance.
The judge jailed Bolton for 17 months on Monday on charges of dishonestly using the bank card and cultivating cannabis and ordered him to pay the money back to the bank.
Read the full article by David Clarkson > National - stuff.co.nz