- PERFECT JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-293
- INDUSTRY BAR N GRILL LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-216
- ZEECOL LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-97
- TOTAL LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-94
- EQUITY BOOST DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-260
- CORSAIR PRODUCTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-145
- BDG GROUP LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-331
- SUPER TURF LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-188
- HALEY CONSTRUCTION LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-88
- 9 CHAMBERLAIN ROAD LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-6
Multi-million dollar Marlborough racing fraud comes to an end
A Marlborough racing scandal has finally come to a close, with the last man involved in a $6.9 million pokies fraud sentenced to home detention.
Michael O'Brien has already been sentenced to four years and six months jail for the scheme, and his co-accused Kevin Coffey to 12 months home detention.
Now the last man to face court over the matter, Paul Max, 60, has also been sentenced to 12 months home detention.
Max was found guilty of holding O'Brien's interests in his name, in order to conceal O'Brien's involvement.
In the High Court at Wellington this morning, Justice Robert Dobson said he was "troubled" by letters of support presented to the court, which showed a community perception that Max's offending was minor.
Read the full article > The New Zealand Herald - nzherald.co.nz