- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Taxpayers front $11m bill for failed training schools
Newshub can reveal taxpayers have shelled out millions of dollars to training schools that broke Qualifications Authority rules, and then, when investigated, shut up shop.
Taxpayers have paid more than $11 million to six failed private training schools, all of which broke NZQA rules and then cancelled their registrations.
The schools breached rules in a number of ways, including not having qualified teachers, entering into unapproved sub-contracting arrangements, students failing to meet English language requirements and financial mismanagement.
One school in Southland got $9.1 million in funding for courses but didn't even deliver the programmes it promised. It then went into liquidation.
Read the full article by Michael Morrah > Newshub - newshub.co.nz