- CAMBRIDGE ON THE AVON LIMITED | CIV 2018-425-12
- MACH’S GLADIATOR LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-140
- VIRTUAL CONSULTANTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-283
- TRNZ TRADE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-32
- SSS THAI TRADING LIMITED | CIV 2018-463-11
- HUNTERS CONTRACTORS (REO) LIMITED | CIV 2018-470-24
- PERFECT JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-293
- INDUSTRY BAR N GRILL LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-216
- ZEECOL LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-97
- TOTAL LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-94
Tiwai Point jobs go as recycler closes
Several workers have lost their jobs after the recycling plant at the Tiwai Point aluminium smelter closed suddenly on Tuesday.
The multimillion-dollar plant, which opened in 2011, was owned and operated by Bahrain company Taha Asia Pacific, which was put into liquidation at 8.55am on Tuesday.
Liquidator Rhys Cain, of Ernst and Young, said yesterday the liquidation meant all employment contracts were terminated. He declined to say how many people were affected.
"Staff have been notified, and we are working hard to ensure they get their entitlements.''
It is understood fewer than 20 people worked at the plant, which extracted aluminium from smelter dross and sent it back to the smelter for reprocessing.
Read the full article by Allison Beckham > Otago Daily Times - odt.co.nz