- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Waikato restaurateurs punished for $230,000 tax fraud
A couple who systematically defrauded the IRD over five years to the tune of more than $230,000 have been sentenced to home detention and community work.
Flagstaff residents Hong Sog Kim, 47, and Hyun Joo Chung, 50 – also known as Michelle Kim – appeared in the Hamilton District Court on Friday, where the depth of their deception was detailed by Judge Kim Saunders.
The offending related to Korean restaurants that Kim owned and managed with Chung in Hamilton and Te Awamutu.
Kim had been running a series of companies trading as restaurants since 2001. His management style came with a distinctive pattern: Once one company accumulated significant liabilities, it was liquidated and a new, almost identical, company formed to take over the running of the business.
Read the full article by Mike Mather > National - stuff.co.nz