- CAMBRIDGE ON THE AVON LIMITED | CIV 2018-425-12
- MACH’S GLADIATOR LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-140
- VIRTUAL CONSULTANTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-283
- TRNZ TRADE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-32
- SSS THAI TRADING LIMITED | CIV 2018-463-11
- HUNTERS CONTRACTORS (REO) LIMITED | CIV 2018-470-24
- PERFECT JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-293
- INDUSTRY BAR N GRILL LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-216
- ZEECOL LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-97
- TOTAL LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-94
Christchurch building company boss gets 14 months jail for tax evasion
A building company boss has been jailed for 14 months for misappropriating nearly $370,000 in tax deductions from employees' wages.
Director John Edward Clancy, 52, was sentenced on Tuesday in Christchurch District Court on 12 tax evasion charges relating to company Hanguk Business Investments One (formerly Global Renovations Canterbury).
Over a 12 month period the construction company head failed to pass on to Inland Revenue most of the deductions made from workers' wages, including PAYE tax, KiwiSaver contributions, and student loan repayments.
David Udy, Inland Revenue's Group Manager Collections, said Clancy showed utter contempt for the tax system, keeping his businesses afloat by paying trade creditors with money that should have gone to IRD.
Read the full article > Business Day - stuff.co.nz