- HUNTER LAMINATES 2014 LIMITED | CIV 2018-442-14
- CBL INSURANCE LIMITED | CIV 2017-404-306
- JUPITERZOOK LIMITED | CIV 2018-485-122
- IDRIVE LIMITED | CIV 2017-4585-110
- MORRIS PR LIMITED | CIV 2017-485-142
- FORTIS CARS LIMITED | CIV-2018-404-258
- HERON POINT PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-278
- FIL NZ SERVICES LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-289
- NCR CONTRACTORS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-257
- GUNSLINGER PROJECTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-250
Christchurch building company boss gets 14 months jail for tax evasion
A building company boss has been jailed for 14 months for misappropriating nearly $370,000 in tax deductions from employees' wages.
Director John Edward Clancy, 52, was sentenced on Tuesday in Christchurch District Court on 12 tax evasion charges relating to company Hanguk Business Investments One (formerly Global Renovations Canterbury).
Over a 12 month period the construction company head failed to pass on to Inland Revenue most of the deductions made from workers' wages, including PAYE tax, KiwiSaver contributions, and student loan repayments.
David Udy, Inland Revenue's Group Manager Collections, said Clancy showed utter contempt for the tax system, keeping his businesses afloat by paying trade creditors with money that should have gone to IRD.
Read the full article > Business Day - stuff.co.nz