- CAMBRIDGE ON THE AVON LIMITED | CIV 2018-425-12
- MACH’S GLADIATOR LIMITED | CIV 2017-409-140
- VIRTUAL CONSULTANTS LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-283
- TRNZ TRADE LIMITED | CIV 2018-419-32
- SSS THAI TRADING LIMITED | CIV 2018-463-11
- HUNTERS CONTRACTORS (REO) LIMITED | CIV 2018-470-24
- PERFECT JOINERY LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-293
- INDUSTRY BAR N GRILL LIMITED | CIV 2018-404-216
- ZEECOL LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-97
- TOTAL LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED | CIV 2018-409-94
Hastings lawyer sentenced for theft
A Hastings lawyer who stole almost $80,000 from clients during the latter years of a three-decade legal career in Hawke's Bay has been sentenced to six months home detention.
David Porteous appeared before Judge Stan Thorburn in the Napier District Court this morning after pleading guilty to two representative charges of theft by a person in a special relationship earlier this year.
Judge Thorburn described the situation as a "sad case".
"It seems to me this is a man who got in a vortex of dishonesty which, as dishonesty does, compounded and drove him into the dilemma of continuing to make bad choices."
Read the full article by Anneke Smith > Hawkes Bay Today - nzherald.co.nz